Friday, July 31, 2015


Nora Webster was the first book I read this summer.  I read for me.  Not for a book chat, not from a recommendation and not for any class. It was fun to select a book knowing there were no attachments. My Mom was born and raised in Northern Ireland so I enjoy reading books that have similar settings. I've since passed the book on to her and she's enjoying it now. An adult read, I don't think it would hold the interested of our students.


 I'm a Jacqueline Woodson fan so it was fun to read this book, written in verse, about her childhood.  Biographies are one of my favorite genres so this was a treat; not to mention it was a Newbery Honor winner for 2015!  If you're looking for something good to read, select a book that has won the Newbery Honor for Best Children's Literature.


Every Saturday morning I look forward to walking to the end of my driveway to get the first half of my New York Times delivery.  The weekend edition is so large they split the delivery up into two days.  The good bits come on Saturday.  First, I read the Book Review, next Arts and Leisure, The Week in Review, Metropolitan, then Travel. Do you have a newspaper delivered to your home?  If not, ask someone at home to pick one up for you and spend some time with it this summer.  Each paper offers different things so know they're not all the same.  I have my favorites.


I'm still making my way through this book; it's one I've always wanted to spend time with and read cover to cover.  It is chock full of information so I need to visit it periodically and then take some breaks.  When I do read it, I like to sit in my window seat.  It's a special place in my home I had built just for me! Do you have a special place you like to read?

1 comment:

  1. You're having a picture perfect reading summer, Mrs. Caputo! Such a nice variety! Can't wait to see what you pick up (or listen to) next!

    ReplyDelete