Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Seedfolks by  Paul Fleischman was a nice quick read and one that really warms the heart.  If you're looking for a feel good book about the world around you, this is the book to pick up; especially if time is a factor.

I read the first book in The Land of Stories series by Chris Colfer on the recommedation of Mrs. Bernardo.  I confessed to her that I wasn't a big "series reader".  I'll read book one in a series, but then I move on to other reads because there are so many great books out there!  I was so impressed with the creativity and the excellent writing in The Wishing Spell, I just may have to read them all!  Chris Colfer has really found his purpose here on Earth and I don't think it's singing...although he is very good at that. Thanks for the great recommendation, Mrs. Bernardo. It was also fun to think of you as I read it ;)

In the morning, I like to catch up on the world around me by reading the CNN app on my ipad.  I like that I have multiple ways to "read" my news.  I can swipe through to the stories that interest me and have compelling photos, and when I want more than what the text provides, I can watch the video. It's a very universally designed way for me to get my news in the morning over a healthy breakfast, of course!


1 comment:

  1. You're very welcome! Book two has a creative twist too. Allows you to develop empathy for the villians in the fairytale world! Let me know if you break your cycle of only reading the first in a series....

    I might have to try seedfolks this weekend coming up! I need a quick read before we see all of our HMS'ers and they start book chatting with me!

    ReplyDelete